Metal roofing is increasingly becoming a popular choice among architects and homeowners alike. SkyFall Exteriors is an experienced metal roof installation contractor. Metal roofs are known for their exceptional long-lasting durability and come in a wide range of colors, designs, and configurations. Advancements in paint and coating technology have significantly enhanced the popularity of metal roofs and eliminated worries about rust and corrosion.
Today, these roofs resist fading, chalking, and cracking under even the most rugged conditions. Here’s more about the advantages of this roofing material.
1. Weather-resistant. Sturdy panels make a metal roof resistant to rain, hail, snow, ice, and sun. Metal roofs are resistant to high winds up to 140 miles per hour.
2. Durable. Metal roofs can last 50 years or more when properly maintained. They are resistant to corrosion, rot, rust, insects, and are practically impervious to penetration. Metal roofs require little maintenance to retain their good looks and structural integrity.
3. Energy-efficient. Metal roofs reflect much of the sun’s energy, helping to maintain a balanced temperature. This helps you use less energy to heat and cool your home, reducing utility bills.
4. Aesthetically pleasing. Metal roofing is available in multiple designs and an impressive array of colors.
5. Easy to install. A metal roofing system can often be installed over an existing roof, avoiding the need to tear off and dispose of old roofing.